El Centro Hispanoamericano is a small, nonprofit organization staffed by a team of very dedicated and capable individuals. In order to even hope to meet the needs of the people who come to us for help, we rely on the generosity of volunteers, who are willing to give of their time, energy and creativity in serving their community and helping improve the lives of others.
Here are some of the ways volunteers can help us:
- Helping with ESL and conversational English classes
- Legal assistance regarding immigration matters
- Helping around the office – reception, filing, documents, etc.
- IT expertise and helping with our computer lab
- Helping run computer literacy and internet courses
- Outreach to religious congregations and community organizations
- Communications: website, electronic newsletters, fliers, brochures
- Helping run our emergency food pantry
- Translating and being an advocate for individuals in need
- Helping with fundraising events and campaigns
- Helping run food and clothing drives
- Recruiting volunteers
- Helping organize workshops for families and community members
So if you are interested in joining us or if you would like more information on how you can make a truly meaningful difference in the lives of hundreds families and individuals in your community, please contact us or complete the form to the right and someone from our office will get in touch as soon as possible.